Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My New Outhouse


My Husband built this New Outhouse for my birthday

I have always thought that outhouses were an interesting piece of history. I remember using a two seater outhouse when I was a very young child. My grandparents had a camp on Lake Nancy in New York. My memories from that camp include picking fresh blueberries, pumping water, and using the outhouse. I have purchased calendars and books about them and decorated one of my bathrooms with an Outhouse theme. My husband decided to give me my own outhouse for my birthday this past year. It is covering an old well on our property. It is for decoration only. The bench in it does not have a hole. This coming spring I plan to add my touch to it and give it some inside and outside decor. It makes an interesting addition to our yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment