Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Mosaic Table


This was my first attempt at a mosaic project. There was an etsy seller that was giving away one rate boxes of broken pottery shards. I just had to pay postage. The pieces were beautiful! I had this old table and thought it would be a great starter project. It was more difficult than I expected. My husband helped me with the grouting...he worked as a plasterer and has excellent grouting skills. It is finished and I love it. The top is uneven, so I'm not sure yet what I will do with it, but I feel good that I recycled the pottery!

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! How tall is the table? It looks like something that would make a cute little bistro table. I can imagine the wine and cheese.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 28" tall. I still haven't found it a permanent place to live in my home. I'm working on a purpose for it.

    ReplyDelete