Sunday, August 30, 2009

Old Chair Gets New Life


The first picture is of a sad old chair that my husband salvaged from a construction site he worked at about six years ago. We had it in our office for 3 years...it was not quite as dirty...but it wasn't pretty either. I got a new chair for the office about three years ago and this chair went out to the garage. It was there that it acquired the lovely patterns of grease, dirt and grime. Now that I have a little studio in my basement, Eddie thought I could use the chair. It is a very comfortable chair, but the look was a little less than inviting. I decided to cover it with some material that my mother-in-law sent me when she cleaned out some of her supplies. I think it looks great.

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!!!! I love that pattern! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this make-over, so glad when things can be salvaged, when people can see the potential in them etc. It came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have become such a throw away WalMart society, it's always good to see some one give something a new life.

    ReplyDelete