Thursday, July 16, 2009

Memory Box




I have been holding on to this cigar box since my son was born almost 15 years ago. It was a box of "It's a Boy" cigars that we passed out in celebration of his birth. It has been used to store several things over the years, the last of which was tubes of oil paint. I was inspired by Cathe Holden's project on her blog "Just Something I Made," to make this memory box to hold pictures and momentos from my son. I covered it with scrapbook paper and some duplicate photos that I had from when he was little. I used some upholstry tacks and string to make a latch for the top. It looks great sitting in my office and I have filled it with some of the things that were scattered about on the bookshelves collecting dust. He even thought it was cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment